Kate Lynch was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado into a blended family. Her love of writing, reading, and nature came at an early age from parents who created children’s books together and were avid outdoors people. She is a member of SCBWI, where she served as the Member News Editor and leads a newly formed critique group on Cape Cod. She is also a member of 12X12, ACFW, and Word Weavers International.
She has three grown boys and feels blessed to live near the ocean on Cape Cod with her husband and mini dachshund named Bikku Bitti. When she’s not writing, you’ll find her kayaking, clamming, volunteering in her community, baking, gardening, or chasing a sunset. She holds a dual bachelor’s degree in business management, and English: Writing and Literature from Pine Manor College, Boston.
Potential Interview Questions
- What made you want to write for children?
- Is writing in different genres challenging?
- What life experience happened to inspire you to write faith-based fiction for children?
- What’s the most difficult challenge for you right now as a writer?
- What’s the best advice you could give to an aspiring writer?
Topics to guest blog about
- The writing life in the real world vs. the on-line writing life
- What inspires me
- My journey